Health has a very strong connection with sleep and it has been observed that people with prolonged uncured sleep disorder eventually have to face several chronic diseases that include both physical as well as psychological. In order to live a healthy life, one should take proper sleep of 6-8 hours. There are many reasons and types of insomnia.
The reason for having sleep disorder may include:
- Disturbed sleep patterns due to illness or any other medical condition.
- Due to depression or workplace stress.
- Due to anxiety attacks etc.
However, when we talk about the types of insomnia they may include:
- Insomnia: Inability to sleep for any reason. If not cured, it can become severe as well.
- Sleep Apnea: It is the condition in which the body takes in less oxygen while sleeping which eventually makes you feel breathless or short breathing. This is one of the very serious types of insomnia.
- Parasomnias: It includes some abnormal movement or behaviour of the patients such as a patient may start sleepwalking, sleep talking, groaning, jaw clenching etc.
- Restless Leg Syndrome: In this condition, you need to move your leg and it usually occurs at night.
- Narcolepsy: It is like sleep attacks in which a person can sleep anywhere anytime without any warning.
Several types of research have been made to make people have a sound sleep so that they can avoid many diseases as well. There are medicines and other devices designed by keeping in view the medical conditions of the patients who undergo such conditions.
What are Insomnia Helpers?
The term insomnia helpers actually refer to the medications and gadgets used to cure insomnia patients. Insomnia helpers are considered safe but the use of anything for a long time does not prove to be authentic and safe. For instance, the use of sleeping pills for the long term is not recommended by doctors.
Sleep Disorder Diagnosis
Patients who come to the doctors with sleep disorder complaints are first examined by the doctor through diagnosis procedures that include medical history, symptoms etc. and then some tests are conducted.
- Polysomnography (PSG): This is the study that evaluates different actions such as body movements, oxygen levels and brain waves to know how these elements disturb sleep. In the next level, HST or Home Sleep Study is performed to determine if the person is having sleep apnea.
- Electroencephalogram (EEG): Through this test, the doctor assesses the electrical activities in the brain and detects if the problem is associated with this or not. This is also a part of PSG.
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT): It examines the daytime napping duration along with PSG at night. It also assists in diagnosing narcolepsy.
Sleep Disorder Treatment
There are several treatments designed for insomnia patients and are applied after knowing the symptoms and how chronic is the problem. Sleeping Pills Shop in the UK has a number of medicines that work wonderfully to cure insomnia.
- Sleeping pills.
- Melatonin supplements.
- Anti-allergies or anti-depressants
- Breathing devices
- Dental guard for teeth grinding.
Other than these, many people may feel taking medication is harmful and can cause side effects. For such people, there are some other ways which are also recommended to make the patients feel relaxed such as:
- Therapy: The therapists may help you feel relaxed and thus improve your sleep duration.
- Essential Oils: There are some essential oils that are considered as good and safe to treat insomnia.
- Hypnosis: In this, a trained hypnotherapist makes you fall asleep through verbal instructions. This type of therapy is safest.
- Meditation: It helps the patient to focus on a particular thing and help him/her fall asleep easily.
What is a Humidifier? How Does it Help Make People Have a Better Sleep?
A humidifier is a device that keeps the atmosphere moist and thus helps people to maintain better sleep. Here we will discuss, how?
In winters, a humidifier moisturizes the nasal and upper respiratory passages when the air is dry. This eventually helps you breathe easily even if you have a runny nose, chest congestion, cough or sore throat.
In summers, the humidifier also helps lessen the symptoms of dry nose and other seasonal allergies.
A humidifier gives you better sleep by maintaining the ideal humidity level that increases your overall comfort while you try to fall asleep. Moreover, a humidifier can also help alleviate an itchy, sore throat. Additionally, the white noise effect of the humming fan of the humidifier also helps people feel relaxed and thus provides a sound sleep to them.
Does The Humidifier Reduce Snoring?
The snoring is actually caused due to dry mouth, nasal or pallet and therefore makes the snoring worse. The humidifier helps the dry tissues by providing moisture and thus reduces the loud snoring sounds.