With the ease of lockdown, lives and activities are moving gradually towards normal. Travel has resumed and even traveling by ferry has started once again. Carrying your covid-19 negative test results is always important for whichever mode of transport you choose to use, even as important as carrying your personal safety gear like masks and gloves. Getting the test can present a problem for some people, and you can resolve this issue by going for a PCR test in London in approved covid-19 test centers. If you stay in London, you can contact us for covid-19 tests.
In this article, we have provided a list of helpful information that you can follow before your ferry trip, during your trip, and afterward.
Traveling by Ferry during the Covid-19 Era
Countries have taken up measures concerning the outbreak of covid-19 and travel conditions, all depending on the level of the virus in that country. The measures for each country can be found on the world health organization (WHO) website. Before your trip, you can check out the WHO’s website and find out information on the covid-19 status and situation reports in that country. Also, check out the website if you wish to find out specific data concerning covid-19 in each country.
Points and Tips to note before your Ferry Trip
Before you travel by ferry or by any other transport means, take note of the following tips and follow these procedures
- Contact your customer support team for help and information before you make any arrangements
- Look up the country you are visiting, find out its stand on the outbreak, check its situation and get updated health information before you travel
- Ensure your health insurance is updated for the country you are traveling to before you make your trip. If you don’t have health insurance for the country you are visiting, you can apply for one.
- Book an appointment with your health professional before your trip
- If you are on constant medication, or you belong to any vulnerable health group, take your time and prepare for the trip
- Pack enough disposable protective gear such as face masks, gloves, wipes, and hand sanitizer.
We advise that you undergo a private covid test for travel near me.
Points and Tips to note during your Trip
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with soap and water after eating or handling food, after coughing or sneezing, and avoid touching your face all the time.
- Always wear your protective gear like your face masks, disposable gloves for personal protection and avoid large crowds or concentration of people. Always practice social distancing.
- Stay away from meat products, especially undercooked or raw ones. Also, stay away from animal markets.
- Stay away from people who show symptoms of respiratory problems like wheezing, coughing, and sneezing.
- Cover your face with disposable tissue or cloth when coughing or sneezing. You can also do it in the crook of your elbow and wash your hands thoroughly afterward. Do not forget to dispose of any item after you sneeze or cough into it.
- If you develop any symptoms synonymous with the covid-19 virus such as coughing, sneezing, or difficulty in breathing, call the public health organization and describe your symptoms
Points and Tips to note after your Trip
When you return from your trip, follow the instructions below to guarantee your safety and those of others
- Practice self-isolation and quarantine yourself for at least two weeks. Monitor your health and take note of any symptoms that may show up.
- If you begin to show signs or symptoms relating to the covid-19 virus during this period of isolation, contact your health professional or public health organization from home, and don’t forget to mention your symptoms plus your recent trip.
Even with the outbreak, traveling can still be fun and exciting. However, protecting yourself and those you care about should always come first. Know your status by getting a private covid test in London to be sure that you are safe from the virus before you make your trip. Contact us at Blood London today for private blood tests.